Skip to main content

Sonnentor tea advent calender/ all the teas

As posted in November, I bought this tea advent calender for me. I think the idea is great! Now I've tested all of these teas, I'm not good in describing tastes but just wrote something, so I can remember which ones liked :) At some point I started to feel that everything tastes the same. I won't buy this next year but the only reason is that my dad passed away this Christmas... Maybe later, I really liked the idea.


About Sonnentor tea bags in general: Sometimes tea bags smell and taste of paper and I hate it, but no bad smell/taste here. Yay! Sonnentor seems to be specialized in herbal/spice/fruit blends and I'm peronally not so inteterested in those but prefer actual tea (green or white, never black). So these were new to me, I liked some, but now I know that I want tea made of tea leaves :)






Day 1: Thank You – Herbal Tea
Say “Thank you” in a special way. The recipient will enjoy this fine herbal tea composition of lemon balm, rosemary and sage (no mint). 
I really liked this herbal and refreshing tea.

Day 2: All the best

I didn't find info about this tea.
This was very spicy and the I don't like these spices, so I personally didn't like this at all.

Day 3: Fruit Delight
This is very much like the one I bought a few days ago, Cranberry Pleasure/ Preiselbeer Genuss/ Karpalo nautinto. These are not the same but both have a strong taste of rosehip and are red colored drinks. I'm not a huge fan of rosehip but if you like it, these two might be for you.




Day 4: Soothing Throat herbal tea
Linden flowers, elder flowers, rose hips, Plantain and mallow flowers.
I don't think I would have bought this tea, it sounds "strong" to me (I imagined this would taste of menthol or something), but in fact this was one of my favorites! Lovely, soothing taste.

Day 5: Calming Tummy 
Common mallow, lemon balm, mint, Greek mountain tea, yarrow and marigolds.
The mint in dominant in the taste. I'm not a huge fan of mint, but it was ok and I can drink something like this occasionally.

Day 6: Advent/ Santa's Secret fruit tea
The smell is deliciois & spicy, remings me of glögg :)
"Non-alcoholic glögg can be bought ready-made or prepared with fruit juices instead of wine. The main classic ingredients are (usually) red wine, sugar, spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves and bitter orange." from Wikipedia.

Day 7: Scnupfnasen/ Cheeky Cherubs Breathe Easy herbal tea
This is refreshing (peppermint taste) and might really feel nice, when you have a flu. I could use this occasionally, it was nice.

Day 8: It's all good, Sweet Dreams
"Yarrow, lemon balm, blackberry leaves, lavender flowers, orange peel and fennel"
Very nice taste, calming :)


Day 9: Base Harmony herbal tea
Ok, reminds me of some I have I already tested in this calender... Maybe taste of mint?

Tikru was helping me, of course ;)
Day 10: Green Fortune tea
This was the one I really wanted to test, since it's a green tea and not herbal blend. I'm a fan of actual tea :) I'm glad I tested this first, it's ok but not my favorite. I think many will like this anyway! This is a spice-green tea blend.

Day 11: Cheeky Cherubs Bedtime Sweets herbal tea blend
This is ok, I think there were already something quite  much like this in the calendar...

Day 12: Winternight
Red colored spice-fruit blend. Tastes of rosehip & wintery spices. This was far too spicy for me, I just tasted this and made a cup of my favorite tea. This was the only one I just coudn't drink.


Day 13: White Protect & Power: My favorite! Good white tea, not too spicy. I hope I'll find this one from a shop!


Day 14: calm you nerves

Day 15: I don't remember what this was... But it was minty taste, much similear the ones I'be already tested.

Tea bags & a bit of Tikru ;)


Day 16: Listen to your heart. Now I noticed that most of these have quite similar taste (at least to me, who don't like the spices used in these)...

Day 17: Cheery


Day 18: Sonnige Grüsse (I don't know how to write that German "ss" with my laptop :D)

Day 19: Happy birthday

Day 20: Liberate your liver


Day 21: Lemongrass Green tea: Yay! TEA :D One of my favorites.

Day 22: Sea Buckthorn Pleasure: This was nice yellow tea, not bad a t all!



Day 23: Cheery (this was same as in day 17)

Day 24: Christmas delight tea. I liked this one :) It wasn't too spicy.


I prefer loose tea, pearl shaped white or green tea:


I have used these kind of tea filters you can fill yourself at work:



I got this lovely FORLIFE Stump tea pot as a Christmas present and it's pefect: It's small (enought to make one huge cup or two smaller ones). It also ceramic so it keeps tea hot longer than glass ones.



If you bought this calendar too, what did you think about it?


Comments

  1. This tea looks great . I wish I could try it but they don't sell it here in India but I do get the imported German teas Teekanne .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea callenders are so great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your dad!! Make sure you take the time you need to grieve. I'll be thinking of you. Huggs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! :-(

    Take care of yourself and positive thoughts your way.

    -justLTee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really sorry for your loss :(

    The Tea Calendary is a great idea !
    Did you ever try french brands such as Mariages Frères ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Mademoiselle C! Unfortunately he never did anything for his health, so I knew this would happen... sooner or later :(

    I haven't tried any french tea brands, but if I ever visit there I might buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, I can't find this in my country. I'm a huge tea lover.
    Enjoy for me too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. boonDY: I will :D

    necomama: thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, comment, opinion!

Popular posts from this blog

Ihania uutuuksia Beautykolta

No niin, olen takaisin! On ollut kiireiset opiskeluajat ohi ja ehdin taas bloggaillakin. Instasta löydyn yritykseni tililtä, siellä on sekaisin töitä, kosmetiikkaa ja elämääni. Laita seuraantaan jos kiinnostaa: www.instagram.com/voimistaja . Seuraan seuraajia :) Mutta asiaan, olen tosiaan aivan ihastunut korealaiseen kosmetiikkaan ja löytäessäni Beautykon nettikaupan , on tullut taas vähän shoppailtua ihan Suomestakin käsin. Kaukoidän reissuilta näitä olenkin kantanut melkoisesti. Tuotteet on ihan itse ostettu ja lämpimästi suosittelen! Eyenlip on edullinen mutta laadukas merkki. Naamioista on jäljellä vielä tämä kosteuttava Hyaluronic acid: oikein miellyttävä käytössä ja tuoksuu taivaalliselta. Hinta ei päätä huimaa! 1,60€/ kpl ja löytyy useita erilaisia, pakettitarjouksena 10,45€/ 7 kpl. HolikaHolika on myös lempparimerkkejäni ja nämä hoitovedet ovat ihan mahtavat! Käytän ennen seerumia. Kosteuttava sininen on suosikkini mutta Vita virkistää kivasti aamulla, eli ei

Colored contact lenses - Freshlook Dimensions Caribbean Aqua

Sain Lenstorelta piilarit testiin ja mukava oli testata välillä värillisiäkin! En osannut itse päättää väriä, joten annoin Lenstoren valita :D Testiin tuli Freshlook Dimensions-linssit Caribbean Aqua-värissä. Linssit olivat väriltään yllättävänkin tummat, tummemmat reunoiltaan kuin keskeltä, omat silmäni ovat todella vaaleat. " FreshLook Dimensions värjätyt piilolinssit / kuukausilinssit CIBA Visionilta tehostavat ja vahvistavat silmien vaaleaa luonnollista sävyä. Piilolinssit soveltuvat sini-, harmaa- ja vihreäsilmäisille (tummasilmäisille suosittelemme FreshLook Colors tai FreshLook ColorBlends -malleja). Tummempi rengas iiriksen ympärillä lisää katseesi intensiivisyyttä (katso kuva ohessa). Huomioi, että väritulos riippuu omien silmiesi väristä, emmekä täten voi täydellisesti taata toivottua väritulosta. Linssit otetaan silmistä ja puhdistetaan ennen nukkumaanmenoa, otetaan käyttöön jälleen seuraavana aamuna ja korvataan uusilla kuukauden käytön kuluttua." Lensstore.fi

Mineral makeup mutiny!

Please join in Mineral makeup mutiny! "We will be providing lists of companies who are actually creating their own product, companies that offer both, and companies that are repackaging." And that great because it's sometimes hard to tell, especially if you have just started with MMU. Or just don't have same color already. Some companies I know are making their own mineral makeup: - Aromaleigh - The She Space - Meow - Fyrinnae - Dreamworld - mum mum's crafts - Sassy Minerals - LaurEss - Alima - Morgana minerals - Beautiful girl minerals - Everyday minerals - Lily Lolo - Elemental Beauty - Cory - SilkNaturals - Suds n sass - HiFi Cosmetics - Purely Cosmetics -Archetype -Evil Shades -Stardust Cosmetics (Stardust sells also "unblended pigments" and those colors are marked with *) -and MANY more :) For now on I'll always read what the company tells in their website! Do they really tell that products are formulated by the themselves or do they just "